Monday, July 03, 2006

Bjorn Free!

We went for a walk at World's End in Hingham, a peninsula comprised of two drumlins formed by glaciers tens of thousands of years ago. Dad knows that because he did a report on Eskers, Kettle Ponds and Drumlins in the 6th grade and he was able to find examples of each in the vicinity. Or so he claims--I take him with a grain of baby rice at this point. Anyway, Mommy and Daddy did the walking...I was snuggled into the Baby Bjorn, allowing Daddy to do all the work of carrying me around. Rumor has it that Bjorn Borg, the former tennis player, created this device to hold his extra tennis balls after he retired and became too old to bend down to pick them up after missing a return of service. As I approach 20 pounds, let me tell you, Daddy was pretty tired by the end of 3 or 4 mile walk. Me, I was well rested, visually stimulated and fairly cool, given how hot and sticky it has been since the Biblical proportion type rains ceased a week ago.




No comments: